The migration of data from legacy systems is critical to the success of any new system implementation project.
SPS provide a range of Construction System Legacy Data Migration services that enable clients to streamline their new system implementation project and at the same time optimise business continuity at the point of cut-over. These specialist data services are tailored to each client’s requirements and allow a wide range of data types to be migrated.
The success of a new system implementation, and its onward use, should not be jeapordised by the lack or ability to migrate business critical data.
You have acquired a new ERP system and want to optimise Business Continuity and uptake of the new system at the point of cut-over and on through the initial go live period.
Ideally you would like to migrate the following data from your legacy system:
- Master data (Suppliers, Subcontractors & Customers)
- Current open transactions (eg: Material Orders, Subcontracts, Invoices and Certificates)
- Key historical transactions (eg: contract transaction history, Contract costs and income, General Ledger transactions)
You would also like to fully test your new system using a comprehensive data set of your own company’s data.
A SPS driven Legacy Data Migration project will allow you to extract all the data you require from your legacy system. The SPS process builds on our extensive knowledge of a range of Construction based ERP systems (including COINS, Microsoft NAV, eVision) and our library of load programmes, but will be tailored to your new systems configuration.
Manual data entry, which is time consuming and sporadically inaccurate, becomes unnecessary part of the migration process.
The SPS data load approach ensures that the full data migration process can be repeated and reconciled at key times throughout the implementation project of the new system.
The new system is populated with all the identified open transactions together with key historic data, to minimise the operational impact of the new implementation. The historic data elements ensure that both commercial and financial reporting continuity in maintained across to the new system.
The SPS approach also enables testing and training in the new system to be carried out using “near live” data, resulting in a richer testing environment and process and gaining early acceptance of the new system by users who recognise their data.
Key Benefits of the SPS Legacy Data Migration approach are:
- Optimises business continuity at the point of cut-over
- Allows multiple migration iterations to be undertaken in order to test and reinforce core system configuration and process decisions
- Provides “near live” business relevant data to help with end user training
- Removes the need for keying data into the new system to allow the business to start processing open transactions at the point of cut-over
- Minimises the need to access legacy system for operational reporting
- Reduces the requirement to keep the legacy system operating
- Improves user acceptance and uptake of new processes as all relevant (current and historic) data is held directly in the new system
- The new system become the only system needed by the business
SPS have carried numerous successful legacy data migration projects across a range of Construction based ERP solutions including COINS, eVision, SAP, Mentor and Microsoft NAV.